Skip to content
- 1 large onion (or 2 medium), chopped well
- 8-10 mushrooms sliced
- 100g butter
- 1-2 stalks celery chopped
- 8-10 cups bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large wok-style frying pan melt the butter.
- Cook onion and celery over a medium to high heat until past softened stage, then add mushrooms, stirring until cooked through.
- Mix in bread crumbs until well incorporated.
- Remove from heat and add sage, parsley, salt & pepper, then mix in the beaten eggs – stir vigorously or the eggs will cook too quickly and be difficult to blend in.
- This should comfortably fit into a loaf pan, bake in the oven for about an hour, alongside your turkey or chicken. The top will be crispy. This stuffing is especially delicious with gravy.